The FPEA is in the process of selecting a team of elite communicators to serve as our online Ambassadors to help us build greater community within our membership, attract new members and build alliances with other organizations, companies and individuals who have an interest in homeschooling in Florida.
The ideal candidates will be:
Able to serve 2-4 hours of time every week for a term of 1 year. Basic computer skills are necessary, but training will be provided for specific tasks so you don’t need to be a social media expert. The most important qualification is your passion for homeschooling and your ability to communicate that passion with others.
If chosen, benefits include:
- Free admission to our 2012 convention with VIP access
- Ambassador t-shirt to wear at the convention to communicate your position to fellow attendees.
- Listing on a special Ambassador page on FPEA.com
– including your photo, bio, social media links and link to your own personal website, group or business
- And More!
- Coordinates with Internal Content Curator to get stories and information from local chapters
- Coordinates with Internal Content Curator to locate and shares articles/stories found on the web
- Manages the editorial calendar and solicits guest blog posts
- Writes occasional short posts to disseminate FPEA news
- Manages dissemination of news and stories through Facebook
- Posts events and announcements
- Builds relationships and discussions amongst those on the FPEA fan page
- Responds to feedback, questions and comments on the FPEA fan page
- Builds alliances with other Facebook groups/pages in the homeschool arena
- Manages dissemination of news and stories through Twitter
- Posts events and announcements
- Builds relationships and discussions amongst those following FPEA’s Twitter account
- Responds to feedback, questions and comments made in reference to Twitter
- Builds Twitter alliances with others in the homeschool arena
- Coordinates with Internal Content Curator to get videos and photos from local chapters
- Posts videos and photos from local chapters and FPEA statewide
Internal Content Curator
- Solicits articles, photos and videos from local chapters and state office
- Coordinates with the rest of the Ambassadors to provide the content they need
- Organizes and archives articles, photos and videos
External Content Curator
- Monitors specified sites to locate timely articles/news and information on the web
- Coordinates with the remainder of the team to provide them with the needed content
- Organizes and archives external news/information and articles related to homeschooling
- Monitors bloggers and podcasters in the homeschooling arena to locate appropriate content
FPEA Ambassador Liason
- Primary contact with FPEA Board
- Communicates needs, directives, new initiatives, etc … to the team of Ambassadors
- Monitors and reports progress to the Board
FPEA Reputation Management Monitor
- Monitors online mentions of the FPEA
- Reports positive comments to the FPEA Liaison
- Comments on positive comments where appropriate
- Responds to negative comments as per the guidance they will be provided
Leadership Portal Ambassador
- Manages and monitors the Leadership Community to ensure compliance to guidelines
- Facilitating conversation and community amongst the group
- Introducing members to each to add value for participants
- Coordinates with advertising/sponsorship sales person
- Provides Blog, Twitter and Facebook Ambassador with name/link/information of premier advertisers for posting
FPEA Seal Ambassador
- Primary contact for the NEW FPEA Gold Seal Review Board
- Communicates review results with the rest of the Ambassador team
- Compiles and posts supplied reviews and images
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested in becoming an FPEA Ambassador simply create a 1-2 minute video OR a 100-300 word essay that answers the question “Why Would I Make a Perfect FPEA Ambassador” – and let us know what position or positions you would prefer to be considered for. Submit entry through the blog’s comment box. Be sure to be bold and show us your passion!
HOW TO SUBMIT
Preferred method to submit entry
1. Provide your entry into the comment field below.
Secondary method to submit entry
2. Email entry to email@example.com including essay and/or video file.
Deadline for submission
is Friday August 26th!